If you follow my twitter account (@twistedcheft) and Facebook page, you know by now that I have been hinting at something big coming your way. Well it has to do with the country that I call home! In order to do this I realized that I will need to reveal where it is that I live. Well, I live in the great white North that is called Canada! I have spent more than half of my life here. In a few weeks time Canadians will be celebrating Canada Day. For those of you who don’t know, it is July 1st! This day celebrates the British North America Act of 1867. Today it is called Constitution Act. The source for this information is none other than Wikipedia. For more details visit the link from Wikipedia.
So you might be wondering what has that to do with me? Well I would like to let you know that I will be hosting a virtual party this year to celebrate Canada and you are all invited! And since it will be my very first party, why not have it for a month! Any excuse to party is a good excuse!
How will it work you may ask? Well I will publish another post on July 1st, 2013 at the stroke of midnight. It will have the link-up tool to allow you to link your food related post about Canada or featuring something Canadian. Starting on August 1st to August 7th, you will be able to vote for your favourite among the links that have been posted. For the next 3 weeks, I will feature the top 3 posts as voted by you – starting with number 3 and finishing with the big reveal of #1! I will also pin the posts to a Pinterest board.
There are a few rules for the party and here they are:
1. The post must be about food, preferably contains a recipe, that showcases Canada or something Canadian.
2. The post must be linked to the event announcement page (check back for link at Midnight July 1st).
3. The use of logo would be helpful as it would spread the word.
4. You can submit as many posts as you want as long as they meet the criteria.
5. Invite friends to join in on the celebration (Optional).
See you at the party!